Adding 12V socket to boot compartment

Diskutiere Adding 12V socket to boot compartment im Forum Citroen Berlingo & Peugeot Partner im Bereich ---> Die Fahrzeuge - Hello, I am sorry not writing in German, but I am not really good at using it. My question is, did somebody added 12V cigarette lighter socket to...
C

cendof

Neues Mitglied
Hello,

I am sorry not writing in German, but I am not really good at using it. My question is, did somebody added 12V cigarette lighter socket to the boot compartment? It is really unbelievable that it is without it as boot compartment is really big.

I would appreciate any information. Is it already prepared? Where to buy?

Thank you all!

Reisebig

Reisebig

Mitglied
Ok, no German is no problem, we can use Google Translate. I've installed lots of 12v and USB sockets in various places in my vehicle. In Germany you can buy the parts from electronic mail order companies. I buy mine cheap in bulk in China via Banggood or Wish. If you can't find any dealers in Slovenia, then you can certainly get the parts on eBay. I can't tell you whether there is a cable in your car, my Transit Connect had a connection in the cable harness, I only had to open the hole, the connector plug was right behind it and i only had to insert a fuse. If there was a socket that could be ordered from the factory for your vehicle, then there is also a cable.

C

Claus

Mitglied
Hello,

I would appreciate any information. Is it already prepared? Where to buy?
First of all you might want to add the type of car and the date of manufacturing you own.
And you could have a look on the after market towing hitch manuals for your car, you can find in the download-section of the towing hitch vendors. The electric device needs a pin 30 connection (permanent power) for activating the hazard blinkers. Most manuals show, where this hidden power line is located and how to activate it. If there´s no hidden power line, it´s mentioned in the manual and it´s described where to connect and how to route it.

Edit: After browsing a bit I found this:
Dauerplus für AHK E-Satz im Berlingo K9/ER/EC

And I found a hitch-manual, that describes to route a line from battery +, too.
So it might not be a 5 minutes job ;-)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema: Adding 12V socket to boot compartment
Oben